Cup of Tea and a Blog

Welcome to my spot for musing about all things tea. Here you'll read reviews of quality teas, click through comments on tea rooms and shops I've visited, and see photos of leaves and cups. You’ll also find things I might talk about over a cup of tea, like philosophy, literature, current events, or fun ways to pass the time.

Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, United States

Please see my current blog at http://www.meltingteapot.com

06 July 2005

Floating Leaves Tea House, Seattle

One of my favorite online vendors is opening a local tea house. I have a feeling this will become a destination for regional tea lovers and out-of-town visitors, and I'm thrilled to have it close to home. The tea room is in a colorful and fun neighborhood, near several sightseeing stops (have to update my Tea in Seattle page with a new sightseeing-tea tour!).

I was lucky enough to attend a preview two weeks ago, where I spent a couple of hours happily sipping various oolongs and puerhs prepared gongfu style. I'll post a full review here next week, once I've visited again. For now, here's the information for their Grand Opening:


Floating Leaves Tea House
Seattle's Premier Source for Gourmet Chinese Tea
Saturday, July 9
2213 NW Market (in the Ballard area)

1/2 price drinks all day
Tea Tastings and Tea Talks
Live Music @ 7pm -- Koto, Shakuhachi & Songs by: Elizabeth Falconer, John Falconer, Aiko Shimada

http://floatingleaves.com/


Cindy's Sipping Recommendations, based on the recent tasting session and my own orders:

  • Bao Zhong, they have two and both are quite nice

  • Ali Shan & Li Shan Oolongs, with their rich and buttery aftertaste

  • House Black Tea (decent price and quite a nice, sturdy tea from yunnan -- holds up to milk well)

  • Forest Floor Puerh, my husband's favorite, is a wonderful loose leaf puerh from China that tastes as if it were specifically made for sipping in the Pacific Northwest



Standard Disclaimer: no affiliation other than being a happily satisfied customer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home