Cup of Tea and a Blog

Welcome to my spot for musing about all things tea. Here you'll read reviews of quality teas, click through comments on tea rooms and shops I've visited, and see photos of leaves and cups. You’ll also find things I might talk about over a cup of tea, like philosophy, literature, current events, or fun ways to pass the time.

Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, United States

Please see my current blog at http://www.meltingteapot.com

19 June 2005

Recently Clicked: June 19, 2005

The Artful Teapot, a museum exhibit in Bellevue, Washington, June 18 - October 2, 2005. If you live near Seattle, or if you'll be visiting this summer, you might want to check out the exhibit in the newly re-opened Bellevue Art Museum. "The Artful Teapot examines the teapot as an inventive vehicle for artistic expression in the twentieth century. The 250 objects on exhibit include teapots by painters Roy Lichtenstein and David Hockney, sculptors Arman and Michael Lucero, ceramists Betty Woodman and Adrian Saxe, as well as works by more than 100 other artists."

I've been wanting to put together some samples of tea for friends, and Mountain Rose Herbs was recommended to me as a good resource for small tins. Nice tins, good price, quick shipping.

Yesterday's tradition becomes today's cup of cha, an article from China Daily, looking at the revitalization of the teahouse tradition.

Tea made with skill, patience, an article on the gongfu method of tea preparation for Chaozhou natives.

Oolong, the pancake rabbit. Oolong is a mellow bunny named after tea, with an owner who liked to take photos of pancakes (and other objects) balanced on his head. No tea involved, just rampant silliness.

4 Comments:

Blogger TeaMasters said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:13 PM  
Blogger TeaMasters said...

Hi Cindy,

I have answered your comment on my blog. I see you have a nice explanation for gongfu cha. They say it right: skill and patience.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Hi, Cindy - I've enjoyed your blog! I just discovered it this morning. I'm also a passionate tea blogger, tho I have just started recently. Please visit my blog at: http://www.stephcupoftea.blogspot.com/

5:28 AM  
Blogger Cindy W. said...

Glad to meet you, Steph -- I'm off to check out your blog now! :)

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home