Cup of Tea and a Blog

Welcome to my spot for musing about all things tea. Here you'll read reviews of quality teas, click through comments on tea rooms and shops I've visited, and see photos of leaves and cups. You’ll also find things I might talk about over a cup of tea, like philosophy, literature, current events, or fun ways to pass the time.

Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, United States

Please see my current blog at http://www.meltingteapot.com

02 June 2005

Searching for Hints of Cocoa

Oh no, my favorite tea is sold out! :( Now what do I do? I guess that a new search for that perfect cocoa headiness in a yunnan gold begins.

The owners of Floating Leaves (who carried my favorite) just returned from their buying trip to Taiwan, and they’ve brought back a new yunnan gold and are mailing me a sample today. I’ve also just ordered samples and small amounts of various golden yunnans from three different vendors. The month of June is going to be a grand tasting and comparison experience for me – seems like a good kickoff for summertime!

I will, of course, post tea-tasting notes here.

In the meantime, I’ll enjoy the other golden yunnans in my collection. I really like the peppery notes in many of them, and they all have a naturally sweet flavor that appeals to me, but none have the heavy cocoa fragrance that I really loved in the Floating Leaves Yunnan Gold.

As always, I’m open for suggestions. Please post here if you know of a golden yunnan with lots of cocoa overtones. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home