Cup of Tea and a Blog

Welcome to my spot for musing about all things tea. Here you'll read reviews of quality teas, click through comments on tea rooms and shops I've visited, and see photos of leaves and cups. You’ll also find things I might talk about over a cup of tea, like philosophy, literature, current events, or fun ways to pass the time.

Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, United States

Please see my current blog at http://www.meltingteapot.com

30 June 2005

Music Mix??

Christine, of the Morning Coffee & Afternoon Tea blog, recently posted about Tea Tunes. I was glad to find some more music featuring tea because I've been trying to collect songs to create a "tea mix" for myself. Here's what I have, so far:

Tea For One, Led Zeppelin, Presence,1976

Baby Beautiful, Aiha Higurashi, Japan For Sale: Volume 4

Scottish Tea, The Amboy Dukes, The Golden Age Of Underground Radio (all instrumental)

Beautiful World, Colin Hay



I'm still looking for songs that have a title or at least one line about tea. Any suggestions are welcome. :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Cindy W. said...

Added later in the day:

Tea In The Sahara, The Police, 1993

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent! You've got some there I've never heard. I found a site that has a CD for sale with piano music. The obvious ones are there: Tea for Two, When I Take My Sugar to Tea... but also listed is Do Re Mi. I forgot there's a line in that song that goes "Ti, a drink with jam and bread". Another song listed is Suzanne. I don't know that one.

I'll keep looking, it'd be great to see this list grow and grow. :)

9:29 AM  
Blogger Cindy W. said...

I'm trying to track down a couple of pop/rock groups that have "tea" in their name, but they're fairly unknown and probably hard to find.

Of course, there are a few CDs of "tea" music out there -- usually new age, sometimes traditional/folk Chinese. These are nice (and I have a couple), but I'm really focused on songs and lyrics.

Now I just have to find a really funky cover of Do Re Mi (I'd forgotten about the ti line!).

10:27 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Here are just a few more:
Afternoon Tea: The Kinks
All the Tea in China: Buck Ownes
Pennyroyal Tea: Nirvana
Sunday for Tea: Peter and Gordon
Tea for the Tillerman: Cat Stevens
Texas tea party: benny Goodman

11:18 AM  
Blogger Cindy W. said...

I am slowly but surely going through the search results for "tea" from poemhunter.com (they list song lyrics as well). There are 224 hits, although quite a few are repeats.

Anyway, once I've done that, I'll add in the suggestions here, and I'll post an updated list to my blog. :)

10:55 AM  
Blogger Jam on Revenge said...

Hi Cindy --

How about:

Have a Cuppa Tea - The Kinks
Boston Tea Party - The Sensational Alex Harvey Band
Tea and Sympathy - Jars of Clay
When I Take My Sugar to Tea - The Boswell Sisters

Sorry to hear about the cat. Hope you're doing fine unde the circumstances. Say hi to J.

Best from Berlin
Thomas

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home