Cup of Tea and a Blog

Welcome to my spot for musing about all things tea. Here you'll read reviews of quality teas, click through comments on tea rooms and shops I've visited, and see photos of leaves and cups. You’ll also find things I might talk about over a cup of tea, like philosophy, literature, current events, or fun ways to pass the time.

Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, United States

Please see my current blog at http://www.meltingteapot.com

30 August 2005

Help Victims of Hurricane Katrina

The gulf coast of the U.S. has been ravaged by Hurricane Katrina, and the now Tropical Depression Katrina continues to cause problems to the north. Hundreds are feared dead, and the devastation is staggering. Rescue and evacuation efforts are underway, but getting assistance to people who are still stranded is crucial for their survival. Please help those who are saving lives; make a donation to the American Red Cross.

I'm putting on a CD of good ol' delta blues in honor of my neighbors to the southeast, making a cup of tea, and loading up the American Red Cross Online Donation Form.

I encourge you to do the same, or to make a donation by calling toll free 1-800-HELP NOW (1-800-257-7575 for Spanish speakers). Even $5 can help!


7:48pm Update: I'm turning off comments on this post because of too much spam

0 Comments:

<< Home