Cup of Tea and a Blog

Welcome to my spot for musing about all things tea. Here you'll read reviews of quality teas, click through comments on tea rooms and shops I've visited, and see photos of leaves and cups. You’ll also find things I might talk about over a cup of tea, like philosophy, literature, current events, or fun ways to pass the time.

Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, United States

Please see my current blog at http://www.meltingteapot.com

28 August 2005

Visiting New Mexico

Yay! I've finally got a computer connection. I've been visiting a friend in southern New Mexico -- a trip that was happily planned to coincide with the green chile harvest. No, it's not tea, but green chiles are another necessity of life. Tomorrow I plan to go find somewhere that I can moan over the smell of roasting chiles (those of you who have lived in New Mexico will understand), then I'm buying a big sack and shipping them home before catching my plane.

Oh, and in the morning I'm going to try to get to one of the first places I ever had loose tea -- Spirit Winds, near the NMSU campus in Las Cruces. It is the place where I first tried different types of teas and learned how to brew instead of just dunking a bag. I'll be home in a few days and will let you know how the tea is at Spirit Winds. :)

In the meantime, here are a few photos from my trip. They have nothing to do with tea, other than having been taken by a tea lover. Click each image to see a larger, more detailed picture.





A roadrunner came running up to me while I was watching birds in my friend's back yard.


The anvil-shaped thunderheads were building at sunset, and later that night a strong monsoon rain blew through Alamogordo.


I took this photo of the Organ Mountains today in Las Cruces. There wasn't a cloud to be seen, but within two hours another monsoon thunderstorm blew through.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Oh, I'm living vicariously! Thank you for sharing!!! I can just smell those chiles roasting. Yumm! Have some extra enchilada or posole for me.

Have you ever been to the St. James tearoom in ABQ? It's a lovely place - actually, between the service, decoration and food, I rank it as one of the top 5 tearooms in the entire US. It was featured in Tea, a magazine a little over a year ago. I realize you might not be up that way...but if you ever are, it's definitely worth a visit.

Hasta luego!

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home