Cup of Tea and a Blog

Welcome to my spot for musing about all things tea. Here you'll read reviews of quality teas, click through comments on tea rooms and shops I've visited, and see photos of leaves and cups. You’ll also find things I might talk about over a cup of tea, like philosophy, literature, current events, or fun ways to pass the time.

Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, United States

Please see my current blog at http://www.meltingteapot.com

29 April 2005

Links of the Day, 4/29/05

Women's Place in Tea History, written Eve Hill for Tea Muse, a monthly newsletter for Tea Aficionados.

1001 Plateaus has two very interesting videos on their web site. One features tea being pan toasted on the street in Shanghai, while the other shows Long Jing tea buds being handpicked.

Tea Masters Blog, with many great posts, about half of which are in English.

Shanghai Online's Tea Site, a great reference tool for information about tea (including pages on tea pots, cooking with tea, and tea production).

Imperial Tea Court's Classroom, with lessons on Tea Leaf Varieties, Gongfu and Gaiwan Tea Preparation methods, Yixing Teapots, and a China Tea Tour.

Another site for learning about tea is Chinese Tea 101.

I used to drink Red Rose tea with my grandmother (still do when I visit), and she always had a small collection on her counter of the animal figures that came in the box. It was fun to see this web site that offers the Wade Red Rose Tea Figurines for sale. I think I still have a few animal figures in a drawer somewhere.

4 Comments:

Blogger Elaine K said...

Love your Blog! We have started a Tea Lover's Blog http://teapotshoppe.blogspot.com/
and would love to hear ideas from readers about tea party themes and other related tea and tea ware thoughts.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you may be interested in green tea. We just launched a new green tea website at FineGreenTea.com. Hope you all drop by and say hi at our Green Tea Blog

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI

I have started an online tea shop - please feel free to take a look www.houseoftea.ch

If you like what you see then please link to me :)

June

1:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry - forgot to use the html tags for my shop House of Tea

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home