Cup of Tea and a Blog

Welcome to my spot for musing about all things tea. Here you'll read reviews of quality teas, click through comments on tea rooms and shops I've visited, and see photos of leaves and cups. You’ll also find things I might talk about over a cup of tea, like philosophy, literature, current events, or fun ways to pass the time.

Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, United States

Please see my current blog at http://www.meltingteapot.com

21 April 2005

Lapsang Souchong Song

One of my favorite songs with tea lyrics is Colin Hay's "Beautiful World." You may know Colin Hay from his old group, Men at Work, but this song is from a later solo album titled Going Somewhere. It's a nice song, great for sipping tea on a summer afternoon. Plus, how many songs actually mention lapsang souchong? Here are the relevant lyrics:

My my my it's a beautiful world.
I like drinking Irish tea
with a little bit of lapsang souchong
I like making my own tea

Click here to listen to a clip of the song

Lapsang Souchong is one of those love it or hate it teas, and I'm on the Love-It end. I enjoy the tarry smokiness (it's actually smoked over pine needles) and find it especially good when at very high altitudes (always sip it at my parents' home, which is about 7500 ft) or when you're outdoors and/or camping. A Teamailer says there's a lapsang souchong that's actually smoked in the Pacific Northwest, and I'm hoping to find that soon. In the meantime, here's a link to Mark T. Wendell's Hu Kwa, which is one of the more popular lapsang souchongs out there.

I do love my golden yunnans!

CW

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Very cool Cindy. I like the front page. Soothing earth tones. Perfect for tea junkies.

Well Done.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home